We have taken on cutting-edge cases other firms turned down — and we have won.

Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2018 | Stephanie Jane Hahn
Martindale-Hubbell | AV Preeminent | Peer Rated For Highest Level of Professional Excellence | 2019
Martindale-Hubbell | Client Champion Platinum / 2019
FindLaw | Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC | 5 stars out of 13 reviews
Best Business of 2023 three best rated Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC excellence

How to report wage and hour violations

On Behalf of | Jan 30, 2017 | Wage & Hour Laws

The federal government takes wage and hour laws very seriously, and strict laws are in place to protect employees. If your employer is denying your paycheck and not paying you according to the rules and regulations, you have the right to file a complaint. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act was passed to protect employees that are mistreated by their employers. Any violations by the employer can be taken to court by registering a complaint under the FLSA.

Employers must make sure all employees are paid at least the federal minimum wage which is $7.25. Paying anyone below this amount could lead to severe consequences for the employer. However, states have their own minimum wage as well. State minimum wage is always at least that which is set by the federal government. Employees who were paid less than the minimum wage might receive their back pay along with compensation if their complaint is successful in court.

The FLSA also has several clauses regarding the amount of time employees’ work in a week. According to the law, a week consists of 40 hours in total. Those who are working for an hourly wage and work more than 40 hours in a week should receive overtime payment for the extra hours. Overtime wages are important for those who are trying to make some extra money by putting in more hours.

If you feel that your employer is violating your rights according to FLSA, you might want to consider discussing your situation with an experienced attorney. The attorney will go through your case and try to get you compensated.


More Than 20 Years Experience With Employee Law

Attorney Stephanie Jane HahnView Profile

FindLaw Network