Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC
Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney At Law
Call for Help today: 800-375-1548
View Our Practice Areas

How to report wage and hour violations

The federal government takes wage and hour laws very seriously, and strict laws are in place to protect employees. If your employer is denying your paycheck and not paying you according to the rules and regulations, you have the right to file a complaint. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act was passed to protect employees that are mistreated by their employers. Any violations by the employer can be taken to court by registering a complaint under the FLSA.

Employers must make sure all employees are paid at least the federal minimum wage which is $7.25. Paying anyone below this amount could lead to severe consequences for the employer. However, states have their own minimum wage as well. State minimum wage is always at least that which is set by the federal government. Employees who were paid less than the minimum wage might receive their back pay along with compensation if their complaint is successful in court.

The FLSA also has several clauses regarding the amount of time employees' work in a week. According to the law, a week consists of 40 hours in total. Those who are working for an hourly wage and work more than 40 hours in a week should receive overtime payment for the extra hours. Overtime wages are important for those who are trying to make some extra money by putting in more hours.

If you feel that your employer is violating your rights according to FLSA, you might want to consider discussing your situation with an experienced attorney. The attorney will go through your case and try to get you compensated.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Schedule A Face-To-Face Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Stephanie Jane Hahn

3815 River Crossway Pkwy
Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46240

Toll Free: 800-375-1548
Fax: 317-816-7001
Map & Directions