Have You Experienced Sex Or Gender Discrimination?
You should never have to face employment discrimination on the basis of your sex or gender. Unfortunately, discrimination against women and transgender individuals persists in many workplaces across Indiana. Men can also be targets of gender-related discrimination.
You may have a discrimination claim if your employer (or prospective employer) has:
- Refused to hire you on the basis of your sex, gender identity, perceived gender or pregnancy
- Failed to give you equal pay for equal work
- Denied you promotional opportunities
- Treated you differently with regard to job assignments, work schedules or other aspects of your employment
- Fired or discharged you for discriminatory reasons
- Failed to grant you leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Sexual harassment is another prevalent type of employment discrimination. It can take many forms, including blatant requests for sexual favors or other inappropriate behaviors that create a hostile work environment.
Get Professional Guidance On What To Do Next
If you have experienced sex or gender discrimination at work, you may be wondering where to turn for help. Don’t risk your rights by attempting to handle the situation on your own. The sooner you consult with a lawyer, the better.
At the employment law firm of Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC, in Indianapolis, we can help you put a stop to the discrimination and enforce your rights under state and federal laws. Our lawyer will sit down with you, one on one, during a confidential consultation to fully understand your situation. She will give you an honest assessment of your options so you can make informed decisions on how to proceed.
A dedicated advocate and adviser, attorney Stephanie Jane Hahn has focused solely on representing employees for more than 20 years.