An Employment Law Firm Dedicated To Employees’ Rights
As an employee, you have the right to a reasonable wage as defined by state and federal law. You may also be entitled to overtime pay. Complex employment regulations set the standards for employee compensation.
If you are concerned that your employer is not paying you the correct amount — or not paying you in a timely fashion — contact Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC, in Indianapolis. Our firm helps employees across Indiana enforce their right to a fair wage.
With more than 25 years of employment law experience, our lawyer is a recognized leader in this niche field.
After sitting down with you and discussing your situation, Ms. Hahn will give you an honest analysis of your options, serving as your adviser and advocate.
Understanding Your Rights
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is an important federal law that establishes minimum wages, regulates overtime pay and governs other aspects of employee compensation. Indiana law also reinforces these rights.
Despite the requirements of the law, however, employers still sometimes violate the rights of employees through:
- Failure to pay a correct wage for hours worked, which may lead to minimum wage violations and unlawful off-the-clock work requirements
- Refusal to pay overtime for employees who qualify
- Failure to properly categorize employees, which can deprive you of your right to overtime pay
- Refusal to timely pay employees, for example, by withholding your last paycheck after you left the company
- Equal Pay Act violations, which are a type of sex discrimination
Whether these wage-and-hour violations happen by accident or design, as an employee, you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of inadequate pay. Nor should you suffer from work-related retaliation as a result of enforcing your legal rights.