Law Firm Serving Only Employees

We have taken on cutting-edge cases other firms turned down — and we have won.

Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2018 | Stephanie Jane Hahn
Martindale-Hubbell | AV Preeminent | Peer Rated For Highest Level of Professional Excellence | 2019
Martindale-Hubbell | Client Champion Platinum / 2019
FindLaw | Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC | 5 stars out of 13 reviews
Best Business of 2023 three best rated Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC excellence

An Employment Law Firm Dedicated To Employees’ Rights


Employment law is complex. Below you will find general answers to common questions. For guidance on your specific situation, however, contact Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law PC. We dedicate our practice solely to protecting employees’ rights. Based in Indianapolis, we represent employees statewide.

I’m experiencing discrimination or sexual harassment at work. What should I do?

You should never have to put up with unlawful discrimination or harassment in the workplace. Before taking action, however, first consult with an attorney. Depending on your situation, you may first have to report the conduct internally, in accordance with your employer’s HR policies. In some situations, you may have to pursue a claim before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or the Indiana Civil Rights Commission. We can help you evaluate the appropriate steps for enforcing your rights.

My employer refuses to grant me leave, even though I qualify for it under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). What should I do?

If your employer has violated your rights under the FMLA — whether by denying your request for leave, refusing to take you back or outright firing you — you may have a strong legal claim. We can help you assess your options.

I’ve found out that my employer is engaging in illegal or unethical conduct. Should I report it?

Whistleblowers — employees who report illegal or unethical conduct — are entitled to legal protections. Depending on the situation, you may even be entitled to compensation for reporting wrongful conduct under the federal False Claims Act. Before taking action, however, it’s best to speak with a lawyer about how to protect your livelihood while doing the right thing.

Can I get fired or demoted for enforcing my rights?

Your employer cannot retaliate against you for enforcing your rights as an employee. Illegal retaliation can take many forms, including suspensions, demotions, unfavorable treatment or outright termination. If you believe you have suffered illegal retaliation, contact our firm to discuss your rights.

I lost my job. Do I have a wrongful termination claim?

It depends. Wrongful termination only covers limited situations — for example, if your employer fired you as illegal retaliation because you exercised your rights. Our attorney can examine your situation and provide a realistic assessment of whether you have a claim for wrongful discharge.

My former employer is trying to prevent me from getting another job. What can I do?

Indiana law makes it illegal for employers to blacklist former employees or supply defamatory references. If you believe your employer has violated your rights in this regard, our lawyer can help you put a stop to it.

Have Other Questions? Get Answers.

Call 800-375-1548 to arrange a face-to-face consultation with lawyer Stephanie Jane Hahn.